Sunday, January 27, 2008

Camp

Is good... Got here thursday evening with no time to ride. Only time for dinner and getting to know some of the older guys that I had not met before. It was awsome sitting there and seeing all of superstars that I normally associate with Velonews or on VS. during the Tour of other races that they show. The most interesting person to sit next to at dinner thus far would definitely be Dave Zabriskie. Some of the stuff that he says is super funny especially with the demeanor with which he says it. For example last night Tim Duggan and I are talking about me possibly renting out his house for super cheap in Boulder if I cant find something else that works out better for me. Dave then chimes in with,

"You should just move in with me and be my scribe. Every time that I say something that touches you spiritually you would have to say "Amen Zabriskie"".

Its these comments that he unleashes that are super funny. Look for a DZ quote board to be on Lucas Eusers website. I dont know what that website is but when I figure it out I will let you know.

The riding here has been super tough too. Two days ago we rode 175km with over 10,000 ft. of climbing. Needless to say I was tired. One exciting thing is to think about how good of shape I will be in shortly. Probably the best I have ever had this early in the season. Well thats it for now.

Walker

No comments: