Thursday, January 10, 2008

Under the Cactus Needle


Finally!!! My legs are starting to get their endurance back. It was pretty sad... After my first ride down here in Tucson I was wrecked. Just so tired and only after 3.5 hours. Lame. But after this last week I can tell my endurance is getting back to where it needs to be before training camp in Silver City NM. Yesterday was 4.5 hours with a lot of climbing and today was 5 hours with some good climbing efforts and I still have energy. YAY. Visible progress is real motivation booster.

Overall the riding here is about so-so. There is some sweet climbing and some cool roads the only thing is that you almost have to choose, lots of climbing or cool desert roads. The reason that a choice has to be made is that we live on Players Club Dr. This is located on the opposite end of town from the great climb called Mt. Lemmon. So for instance coming back from climbing Mt. Lemmon the other day I am almost positive that I hit ever intersection on a Red light possible. At first became some what comic but as the ride went on and I grew tired it was not much of a laughing matter. Right out side our door here on Players Club Dr. are some really cool desert roads that are in located in a park so there isn't too much traffic.

One the lighter side deserts must have some of the most beautiful sunsets around. It was crazy the abundance of colors that I was able to see the other night. But thats it for now. Thanks for reading.

Walker

No comments: